a rebirth in spirit

After planting a moon cactus this past summer, I realized that everytime I see it I think, why aren't you growing more evenly and why do you look so dull? With the death of a begonia rex, I realize that I don't enjoy living with real plants. It relates to my photography of flowers, where I tried my best to capture cut flowers before they died. It's better for me personally to water plants that I can eat, like basil and corn. They eventually stop in the wintertime, but they lived a good life providing food for mine, which I find much more filling. So I am finding more enjoyment walking into a room decorated with artificial, fake succulents and tillandsia and moss. And there's a plastic, white phalaenopsis orchid coming to fill my once full terrarium container. At least they will always look the same, with no wilted leaves, no dark spots, no bugs, no dying, no change at all. Pictures coming soon.

#RealFake  #EasyPlanting  #StayTheSameForever

Popular Posts