new plants on my table


I've been eyeing the maidenhair fern Fritz Luthii and finally got one. I like the light, airy look. I noticed as I was washing the leaves that they are the most delicate I've ever handled...that even a slight touch will break an entire branch of leaves. In fact, one of the leaves was stuck on the pot with water and it dried out the next morning and had to be removed.


This is my first orchid. I didn't purposely buy one since I fear them and still do. My nice co-workers (Roxanne and Keely) got it for me. I brought it home to repot and since it's so pretty, it might just stay at home. I will try 3 ice cubes a week to water it.


As gratitude gifts, I planted these yesterday for them.




For the couple of weeks I kept the dragontail fern, I found out it likes more humidity than the korean rock fern. They both like shade too.

maidenhair fern aka fritz luthii
phalaenopsis orchid
dragontail fern
button fern
korean rock fern

Popular Posts